Founding Fathers Quotes
- For here we are not afraid to follow truth wherever it may lead.
- All tyranny needs to gain a foothold is for people of good conscience to remain silent.
- I never will, by any word or act, bow to the shrine of intolerance or admit a right of inquiry into the religious opinions of others.
- I do not find in orthodox Christianity one redeeming feature.
- He who knows nothing is closer to the truth than he whose mind is filled with falsehoods and errors.
- Do you want to know who you are? Don’t ask. Act! Action will delineate and define you.
- Do not separate text from historical background. If you do, you will have perverted and subverted the Constitution, which can only end in a distorted, bastardized form of illegitimate government.
- Religious bondage shackles and debilitates the mind and unfits it for every noble enterprise, every expanded prospect.
- If Tyranny and Oppression come to this land, it will be in the guise of fighting a foreign enemy.
- No nation could preserve its freedom in the midst of continual warfare.